Empowering Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Adults, Youths and Families
The Murrigunyah Family & Cultural Healing Centre is a community based sexual assault support service established (1997) and controlled by Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander women of Logan City. We work from a holistic and cultural perspective supporting the social, emotional & spiritual interests of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients and families.
All client services are free. Our centre is a safe and supportive space with appropriately qualified staff to assist clients and community. People can access our service directly or be referred by other services.
Murrigunyah offer individual counselling in a safe and supportive space and is available free of charge for victims/survivors of sexual assault whether recent or past. Counselling can be face to face or via phone. People accessing counselling will initially meet with an intake worker who will help to identify your needs and what support you require. You will be provided with information on the type of help available at Murrigunyah and other relevant services. If you are offered and choose to have counselling you will be referred to our qualified family project worker for ongoing counselling.
We provide information and assistance for family, friends, support people and other professionals assisting people who have experienced sexual assault.
What we do
- Provide Sexual Assault Preventative and Support Service
- Support counselling for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their families who are victims of sexual violence
- Court Support
- Education group sessions
- Information and referrals
- Act as a cultural link with other mainstream services
- Community Education
- General Referrals
- Library Resource/Information
- Provide state-wide information resource on other services
- Provision of direct service response in collaboration with other local services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
(07) 3290 4254
2 Burrigan Street (Cnr Ewing Road), Woodridge Qld 4114
~ Unfortunately we are not funded to provide Emergency Relief or Emergency Accommodation ~