Who We Are
Murrigunyah Family & Cultural Healing Centre is a community based sexual assault support service. Established (1997) and controlled by Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander women of Logan City. We work from a holistic and cultural perspective supporting the social, emotional & spiritual interests of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients and families.
All client services are free. Our centre is a safe and supportive space with appropriately qualified staff to assist clients and community. People can access our service directly or be referred by other services.
As a Murrigunyah client you have the right to;
- be dealt with in a humane, caring, compassionate, understanding and courteous manner.
- receive services, assistance and support in a safe, harmonious, and harassment free environment.
- have your case managed in a professional, timely and confidential manner
- have your privacy respected
- have your information kept secure by Murrigunyah under the State Archives Act.
Our aim is to represent the Social, Emotional, Cultural & Spiritual interests of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients and families by providing confidential and culturally appropriate care and support services in line with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander families by providing:
- a contact point for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women families;
- support services through counseling, advocacy, practical assistance and relevant information;
- referrals to appropriate services for clients;
- cultural link between men, women and families to other services;
- programs which are culturally appropriate for clients and families; and
- community education workshops on issues surrounding family and sexual violence.